THE PURSUIT OF HISTORY -An International Periodical for History and Social Research is published twice a year (in spring and in autumn) both in print and e-journal version. It is an international refereed journal.
1- The Pursuit of History -An International Periodical for History and Social Research-, is an international refereed journal and published twice a year (spring and autumn)
2- The submissions presented to the Journal based on Social Sciences especially Turkish history.
3- Articles sent for publication should have not been previously published in another journal, not even in a different language. The papers submitted for any symposiums or congresses can be published on condition that it has not been previously published and citing the name of the symposiums where the articles presented. Scientific and legal responsibilities of the published texts belong to the authors.
4- No royalty payment for the articles. The writers acknowledge that they will renounce their copyright.
5- The publication language of the journal is Turkish. But if it is approved it can be published in English, French, German and Russian languages.
6- Each article must include an abstract of not more than 200 words and 5 key words. In Turkish articles, one abstract written in any foreign language especially (French, German, English and Russian) should be placed with 5 key words in addition to the Turkish abstracts and key words. If the article is written in the languages stated above, Turkish abstract and key words are required.
7- The titles, the names- surnames of the academicians, the association in which he/she is located, the e-mail addresses shouldn’t be written on the texts. The above ones should be sent through the following contact address. Also you can communicate through the contact addresses.
8- The submissions should be written on word-processing programs such as Microsoft Word or the document (the “.doc” texts) that is adaptable with PC and please send three paper complimentary copies of the texts in addition to the CD or floppy. The texts written with the old (different) letters should be written on Universal Word or similar ones. If any special typeface is used, please send the typeface character with the text. The “.jpg / .tiff” extension records of the materials used in the texts such as the pictures and the maps also should be attached to the texts. Also pay attention to the pixel resolution (at least 72 pix) adaptable with the printing technique and the size of the materials shouldn’t exceed the size of the page.
9- Texts; The main body of the text should be written in Times New Roman letters, font size 11(9 font at footnotes). Please do not syllabify at the end of the line. The paper should be typed on A4-size paper. Leave 3 cmmargins on left -and right and top and bottom, use 1.5-line spacing, flush-right alignment. To adjust spacing before or after paragraphs leave “3nk” and in addition to the page number. At the paragraph intendation please use “TAB” key rather than “ENTER” or “RETURN”. Do not write the punctuation marks as adjacent to the last letter, leave one letter space. The text shouldn’t exceed 33 pages
10- The article that is arrived to the journal is sent to the three referees by the editor and the editor assistants in order to be examined in terms of the academic competence. The criterion for assessment is the appropriateness of two referee comments then the articles will be published in any issue decided by the journal management. If the assessment of the article is negative, the writer never demands for right.
11- Our periodical will be presented both e-journal and in print version. Following the publication, one issue of the journal will be sent to the writer of the article. The owner of the articles also downloads the text from the journal web site as PDF pattern
12-Abstract, introduction, main text, conclusion and bibliography are presented consecutively in a text. Main headlines should be big bold letters, the other headlines should be written in bold type with the small letters except for the first letter. Then following the headlines put colon (:) and continue to the text from the same line.
13-Both in text or footnote type reference can be possible. But pay attention to the general consistency. If you use the reference system in the text, the reference after footnote should be used as in the text on the explanatory footnotes.
14- The references used in text should be based on the following samples.
Resource Attributes (References)
* The references used in the text should be started from the relating point and in brackets, the surname of the writer, the publication year of the work, page number stated as in the sample. (Bloch, 2005: 28)
* If more than one reference is preferred, the works should be cited in the same brackets from the older to the newer dated with semicolon. (İnalcık, 2000: 120; Faroqhi, 2003: 28)
* Please put hypen(-) on the resources with two writers.If the writers are more than two,then after the surname use this abbreviation “et al .” (İnalcık-Seyitdanlıoğlu, 2006: 15), (Akgündüz-Öztürk et al., 2002: 157)
* If the name of the writer is cited in the text, just only mention the date and the page number (1954: 77)
* Two works of a writer that have been published in the same year can be distinguished by adding a letter to the publish date. (İnalcık, 2000a: 156), (İnalcık, 2000b: 17)
* If the writers’ surnames are similar as well as their publish date, then put the first letter of the names.(Demir, A., 2003: 46), (Demir, H., 2003: 27)
* If you don’t find the resource that has been attributed in a text, cite both of the resources in the following sample: (Tabaqat-ı Nasırî, 1864: 32’den aktaran; Köprülü, 1991: 19)
* While attributing a manuscript, after the name of author and translator put the abbrevaiton of [ms.],and the leaf number should be stated as it is shown in the sample.The whole tag can be cited in the bibliography (Ahmedî, [yz.], 1410: 7b)
* While attributing the archive documents, cite in the text just like the following sample,the detailed version should be in the bibliography.(BOA. MAD 7342: 25)
* PS: Classical reference system can be used in some scientific branches that used mostly that system
(Ali Birinci, Hürriyet ve İtilâf Fırkası II. Meşrutiyet Devrinde İttihat ve Terakki’ye Karşı Çıkanlar, Dergâh Yay., İstanbul 1990, s. 156-157.)
* Book : Uzunçarşılı, İsmail Hakkı, Anadolu Beylikleri ve Akkoyunlu, Karakoyunlu Devletleri, Türk Tarih Kurumu Yayınları, Ankara 2003.
* Compilation : İnalcık, Halil-Seyitdanlıoğlu, Mehmet, Tanzimat Değişim Sürecinde Osmanlı İmparatorluğu, Phoenix Yayınları, Ankara 2006.
* Article: Demirpolat, Enver, “İslâm Felsefesinin Batı Düşüncesine Etkisi”, Selçuk Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, Sayı 9, Konya 2003, ss. 429- 439.
* Articles in a compilation work: Clark, Edward C. , “Osmanlı Sanayi Devrimi”, Tanzimat Değişim Sürecinde Osmanlı İmparatorluğu, (Derleyen: İnalcık, Halil-Seyitdanlıoğlu Mehmet), Phoenix Yayınları 2006,Ankara, ss. 467- 480.
* Announcements: Yavaşca, Alâeddin, “Osmanlı ve Mûsiki”, Uluslararası Kuruluşunun 700. Yıl Dönümünde Bütün Yönleriyle Osmanlı Devleti Kongresi, Konya, 07- 09 Nisan 1999, (Yayına Hazırlayanlar: Alâaddin Aköz- Bayram Ürekli-Ruhi Özcan), Selçuk Üniversitesi Basımevi, Konya 2000, ss. 29- 41.
* Thesis: Lekesiz, M. Hulusi, Osmanlı İlmi Zihniyetinde Değişme (teşekkül-gelişme-çözülme: XV-XVII. Yüzyıllar), Hacettepe Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Tarih Ana Bilim Dalı Basılmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi,Ankara 1989.
* Web sites: http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/lists/maslow.html, history: 27.11.2007.